27 October 2016

Our Community

IS claims responsibility for Nice attack

Islamic State has reportedly claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack that killed at least 84 people and critically wounded 52 along Nice's crowded waterfront on Friday, SkyNews reports.


Five people have been taken into custody over the attack, according to reports.

Other reports said three people had been detained in connection with the attack.

Sources said the arrests were centred on the attacker's 'close entourage' and were made in two different areas.

About 40 elite police officers raided a small apartment at Rue Miollis, north of the central station, where one individual was arrested.

Ten children were among the dead after the driver hit people celebrating Bastille Day along the famous Promenade Des Anglais, SkyNews writes.

Fifty more children are being treated at the children's hospital in Nice, some with 'life and death' injuries, according to the report.

A total of 202 people were injured in the attack, and 25 of those critical are on life support.

If you notice a spelling error, please highlight it with your mouse and press Ctrl+Enter
Read also



Do you like the new site?
Leave your opinion