U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken will visit Ukraine next week.
He announced this in an interview for CBS News.
Read alsoZelensky-Putin meeting may take place in Jerusalem or Vienna – mediaBlinken stressed the United States was monitoring the withdrawal of Russian troops from the borders with Ukraine.
"What we have seen in the last few days is apparently a decision to pull back some of those forces and we've seen some of them, in fact, start to pull back," he said in the interview to be broadcast on Sunday, May 2.
More news reports
- U.S. may soon appoint special envoy for Donbas – Zelensky's chief of staff
- U.S. Secretary of State Blinken may visit Ukraine in May – CNN
- Zelensky wants to involve new countries in Donbas talks
- Zelensky says will definitely meet with Putin, probably in Vatican City
- Zelensky, Putin may discuss "revamp" for Minsk accords during meeting – TCG spokesman