UNIAN becomes main information partner of KyivPhotoWeek 2017
The first International Photo Forum, KyivPhotoWeek 2017, where UNIAN was the main information partner, successfully ended in the Ukrainian capital.
After the end of the Forum, one can summarize some results. Interesting statistics goes first:
- Average distance each of the organizers walked during the installation days was 22 km;
- More than two kilometers of gallery ropes have been used for fixing photographs;
- Some 250 meters of aluminum tapes were spent on the modification of the lighting;
- The number of visitors exceeded 5,000 people;
- The first sale took place two hours after the Forum kicked off, the last one was ten minutes before the closure;
- The size of the largest photo exceeded three meters;
- The area under exhibits was 2,500 square meters;
- The number of participants was 68 entities;
- The number of photos on exhibit was 506 pieces.
At the forum, world famous photographers showcased their works in various genres.
Among the most famous photographers who personally took part in the first KyivPhotoWeek in 2017 and presented their works were:
- Gijsbert Hanekroot, one of the most famous music photographers. Among his characters were Mick Jagger and Rod Stewart, John Lennon, David Bowie, and others. Hanekroot brought over 30 unique printed pictures to Kyiv, allowing Forum visitors to feel the very legendary atmosphere of the '70s;
- Ruslan Lobanov, one of the most influential photographers in Eastern Europe. He specializes in portraiture/nude genres, mainly working with analog technologies.
- Sergey Tumasov, a well-known Ukrainian landscape photographer, an extreme traveler. He has gone on over a dozen expeditions, including some overnight climbs to the top of the Andes and the Himalayas. His works have received Epson Pano Awards and International Loupe Awards.
- Yuriy Sanin, a real veteran of analog photography. He makes pictures, using only film; also uses large-format cameras. He processes images on his own, prefers only customized optical printing.
- Sasha Zinevich, an expert in psychological and artistic portraiture, successfully combines the work of a photographer and actor in Kyiv Academic Theatre on Lypky. The actor's skills help him to comprehend a personality and accurately reproduce his or her deep emotional condition in photography.
Works by the agency's photographers at the forum were represented by an exhibition of reportage photographs, which received the highest appreciation of the audience and the approval of the professionals.
UNIAN has presented works of photographers who in different years partnered with one of Ukraine's first photo services for all time of its existence. The goal was to show the audience various political events in the history of an independent Ukraine and famous politicians amid developments that have taken place over the years.
"By choosing photos for the Forum, we aimed to show the audience that the UNIAN photo service reports are a story of an independent Ukraine in the daily work of our photographers. And as a photographer of the news agency is not just a witness of events, but he or she experiences everything with other Ukrainians, having their own, subjective opinion, feeling and putting their soul into this work, reportage photography sometimes turns out to be rather ironic. For the exhibition, we've selected photos that clearly illustrate the events in the history of modern Ukrainian politics, famous politicians and celebrities, changes in their political status, views, looks from the standpoint of UNIAN photographers," chief of the UNIAN photo service Inna Sokolovska says.
As of today, the archive of UNIAN's photo site, being one of the best photo services among the Ukrainian news agencies, is approaching an impressive figure of one million pictures!