Top news of the day
- Trump acknowledges Russia's meddling in U.S. elections – White House 10:20 Wednesday, 21 February 2018
- Poroshenko remains committed to peaceful liberation of occupied territories 09:00 Wednesday, 21 February 2018
- Ukraine authorities on EU's decision to scrap border project: Early and wrong to talk about it 21:55 Tuesday, 20 February 2018
- Poroshenko enacts law on re-integration of Donbas 18:56 Tuesday, 20 February 2018
- Yevgeny Magda Week's milestones. Forced departure, counterattack in court, and anti-corruption turbulence in Odesa Mikheil Saakashvili's experience shows that the readmission deal between Ukraine and EU is fully functioning. NSDC Secretary Oleksandr Turchynov battled in court a rather confident group of Viktor Yanukovych lawyers in a high-profile treason case against the former president. The situation in Donbas remains complicated. Odesa Mayor Gennady Trukhanov is safely back in office despite an ongoing investigation of his alleged complicity in embezzlement.
- Week's balance: IMF mission's visit, government report, Ryanair's second coming The IMF technical mission visited Kyiv, the Cabinet of Ministers reported on its performance in 2017, while the European discounter Ryanair announced its intention to undertake a second attempt to enter the Ukraine market - these are the key economic news of the past week.
- Same-sex marriage in Ukraine: accept or deny? When on Valentine's Day the Minister of Justice personally greets Ukrainian newlyweds who decided to bond on this romantic occasion, perhaps it will also be great to recall that there are also many same-sex couples in Ukraine who, unfortunately, are deprived of the right to create a formal family.
- No investment boost for Ukraine despite interest The investments so necessary for the stable growth of the Ukrainian economy leave much to be desired. Investors are in no hurry to enter the Ukrainian market, and it’s not so much because of the situation in the east of the country, but because of corruption, poor business climate, and a slowdown in reform. Experts are convinced that if nothing changes in the near future, no investment growth is to be expected.
- Ukraine finance minister says no agreement yet with IMF on anti-corruption court 11:00 Wednesday, 21 February 2018
- Ukraine, EU to jointly finance new Silk Road transport corridor - Xinhua 09:40 Wednesday, 21 February 2018
- Ukrainian Treasury head assures no default looming 23:58 Tuesday, 20 February 2018
- Bloomberg: Latvia signals Russia may be interfering in banking crisis 22:58 Tuesday, 20 February 2018
- Week's balance: IMF mission's visit, government report, Ryanair's second coming
- No investment boost for Ukraine despite interest
- Week’s balance: IMF is back, Naftogaz announces gas purchase from Gazprom, hryvnia growing
- Week’s balance: Cabinet sacks Nasirov, raises UAH 2.5 bln on 4G license sales, while Ukraine’s balance of payments retains surplus
- Head of the British Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce Bate Toms: Ukraine already has the largest IT outsourcing sector in Europe and third largest in the world, Ukraine is going to beat the Indians the way you are going. Interview
- Week’s balance: Poroshenko vows reform to IMF and investors, NBU ups outlook for economy growth and fights inflation
- Trump acknowledges Russia's meddling in U.S. elections – White HouseThe Trump campaign didn't collude with the Russians in any way for this process to take place, the spokesperson claims.
Ukrainian crew find 300 kg of cocaine aboard cargo ship, alert Italian police14:40, 20 February 2018
U.S. show of force in Black Sea message to Russia - media10:20, 20 February 2018
- Escalation in Donbas: Ukrainian soldier killed, 7 WIAs in last day 10:00 Wednesday, 21 February 2018
- Ukraine's military prosecutor: Proof of Russia's involvement in Donbas sent to international courts 01:40 Wednesday, 21 February 2018
- Donbas war casualties in past day: One Ukrainian soldier killed, three wounded 20:35 Tuesday, 20 February 2018
- Ukraine official reports on number of suicides among troops in Donbas 10:40 Wednesday, 21 February 2018
- Fourteen people charged in Maidan murder case – PGO special investigator 16:40 Tuesday, 20 February 2018
- Ukraine in TOP3 European states with highest number of measles cases – WHO 15:20 Tuesday, 20 February 2018