Top news of the day
- Poroshenko, U.S. Congress delegation talk about sanctions against Russia, Crimea de-occupation 21:05 Saturday, 17 February 2018
- Reuters: Ukraine progress should soften sanctions on Russia – Germany's Gabriel 17:33 Saturday, 17 February 2018
- Poroshenko, Mattis discuss situation in Donbas 16:18 Saturday, 17 February 2018
- Graham to Russia on Ukraine: 'You're going to get what you deserve' – media 15:24 Saturday, 17 February 2018
- Same-sex marriage in Ukraine: accept or deny? When on Valentine's Day the Minister of Justice personally greets Ukrainian newlyweds who decided to bond on this romantic occasion, perhaps it will also be great to recall that there are also many same-sex couples in Ukraine who, unfortunately, are deprived of the right to create a formal family.
- No investment boost for Ukraine despite interest The investments so necessary for the stable growth of the Ukrainian economy leave much to be desired. Investors are in no hurry to enter the Ukrainian market, and it’s not so much because of the situation in the east of the country, but because of corruption, poor business climate, and a slowdown in reform. Experts are convinced that if nothing changes in the near future, no investment growth is to be expected.
- Week’s milestones. Ball in Austria, breakfast in U.S., and initiatives in Ukraine Petro Poroshenko’s participation in the Vienna Ball sparked a harsh reaction in social networks. The overseas trip of dozens of parliamentarians to take part at a prayer breakfast in Washington complicated the operations of the Verkhovna Rada. PM Groysman tried on himself a toga of a constitutionalist. Mikheil Saakashvili lost the appeal for a refugee status. Ex-MP Oleksandr Shepelev returned to Ukraine rather unexpectedly. A number of politicians came up with a number of initiatives in the context of the presidential campaign. NABU Director Artem Sytnyk called his agency ineffective without an Anti-Corruption Court.
- Week’s balance: IMF is back, Naftogaz announces gas purchase from Gazprom, hryvnia growing IMF’s technical mission is expected to arrive in Kyiv on Feb 12, Naftogaz reported it would soon start purchasing gas from Gazprom, the Verkhovna Rada resumed its work after the New Year holidays, adopting a number of important laws, while the hryvnia rate pleased with the latest strengthening - these are the main economic developments of the outgoing week.
- Poroshenko, Juncker discuss micro-financial aid to Ukraine 18:40 Saturday, 17 February 2018
- NBU weakens official forex rate to UAH 26.99 to dollar 09:45 Saturday, 17 February 2018
- PM Groysman vows to build Kyiv-Boryspil high-speed railway 23:50 Friday, 16 February 2018
- Reuters: Merkel believes Nord Stream 2 poses no energy security threat 17:55 Friday, 16 February 2018
- No investment boost for Ukraine despite interest
- Week’s balance: IMF is back, Naftogaz announces gas purchase from Gazprom, hryvnia growing
- Week’s balance: Cabinet sacks Nasirov, raises UAH 2.5 bln on 4G license sales, while Ukraine’s balance of payments retains surplus
- Head of the British Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce Bate Toms: Ukraine already has the largest IT outsourcing sector in Europe and third largest in the world, Ukraine is going to beat the Indians the way you are going. Interview
- Week’s balance: Poroshenko vows reform to IMF and investors, NBU ups outlook for economy growth and fights inflation
- Week’s balance: president selects candidate for top NBU post, Naftogaz says ready to buy gas from Gazprom, and privatization without Russian bidders
- Big Mexico quake cuts power and damages homes, two dead in crash – mediaThe powerful, sustained shaking on Friday gave way to 225 aftershocks, the national seismology service said, and caused widespread panic.
Thirteen Russians criminally charged for interfering in U.S. election – media21:50, 16 February 2018
U.S. accuses Russia of orchestrating NotPetya cyber-attack on Ukraine, warns of consequences09:20, 16 February 2018
- Russian proxies attack Ukraine 10 times on Feb 17 22:29 Saturday, 17 February 2018
- Ukraine reports 2 WIA's amid 20 enemy attacks in last day 10:30 Saturday, 17 February 2018
- Russia not interested in annexation of Donbas 20:45 Friday, 16 February 2018
- Vaccination rate against diphtheria, poliomyelitis under 50% in Ukraine – official 13:40 Friday, 16 February 2018
- Law enforcer shot in leg by protester outside Kyiv court as Odesa Mayor case heard. 19:50 Thursday, 15 February 2018
- Same-sex marriage in Ukraine: accept or deny? 23:40 Wednesday, 14 February 2018