Top news of the day
- Verkhovna Rada dismisses 13 CEC members 18:55 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- PACE proposes to complicate procedure for imposing sanctions against Russia – MP 17:50 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Poroshenko: Granting autocephaly to Ukrainian church on the homestretch 15:16 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Poroshenko's State of the Nation Address: Key points 14:28 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Elizaveta Doronzeva Week's balance: Groysman's budget, Yanukovych's debt, Arab "Mriya," and hunt for Omelyan Volodymyr Groysman's Cabinet approved the draft budget for 2019, the year to become one of the most difficult ones for the national economy, while negotiations with the IMF are underway on the price of gas for the population; the court in London forwarded the case of "Yanukovych debt" for full-fledged consideration; experts argue about the benefits of IKEA entering the country's market and the purchase by the Saudi company of a Ukrainian agricultural holding Mriya. In the meantime, the public eye was focused on the NABU detectives' hunt for infrastructure minister Volodymyr Omelyan - these are the main economic news of the outgoing week.
- Nana Chornaya Deputy Minister Hrymchak: Projectile hit at Crimean Titan "most probable" version given composition of emissions Deputy Minister for the temporarily occupied territories, Yuriy Hrymchak, sat down with UNIAN to speak about what happened in northern Crimea's Armyansk at "Crimean Titan" plant, as well as about other more potentially dangerous enterprises located in the occupied peninsula and parts of Donbas.
- Oleksandr Kynytsky Week's balance: IMF mission arrives in Kyiv, Rada restarts its work, and Fiscal Service sees top reshuffle After a long summer vacation, legislators returned to work and adopted a number of important laws; representatives of the IMF, the country's key creditor, flew to Kyiv to negotiate a new bailout tranche; while the State Fiscal Service saw its chief being replaced – these are the main economic news of the outgoing week.
- Margarita Anrdreeva Autumn of chances and populism Exactly one year ago, Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada Andriy Parubiy called the fall session of the parliament "autumn of reform." The current session, according to him, is the "autumn of chances." But it is unlikely that people's deputies will be able to resist populism on the eve of two election campaigns. UNIAN learned which bills would become a litmus test this political season.
- Retail trade in Ukraine up 5.4% in Jan-Aug 20:50 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Ukraine's finance ministry calls "unprecedented" amount of state debt repayment in 2019 19:55 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Int'l donor projects worth almost US$5 bln implemented in Ukraine in H1 16:20 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Ukraine loses US$893 mln in taxes due to shadow fuel market – Accounting Chamber 15:39 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Elizaveta Doronzeva Week's balance: Groysman's budget, Yanukovych's debt, Arab "Mriya," and hunt for Omelyan
- Nana Chornaya Deputy Minister Hrymchak: Projectile hit at Crimean Titan "most probable" version given composition of emissions Interview
- Oleksandr Kynytsky Week's balance: IMF mission arrives in Kyiv, Rada restarts its work, and Fiscal Service sees top reshuffle
- Lyudmila Rosik Week's balance: hryvnia continues its fall, while PM Groysman awaits IMF mission
- Week's balance: New debt strategy, growth of industrial output, and turbulence in forex market
- Dmytro Shvartz Ukraine's air shield: Taking off to 21st century
- The Hill: Trump slams Bush for 'worst single mistake' in U.S. historyThe Pentagon estimates total expenditures related to the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria between 2001 and 2018 are $1.52 trillion.
Boshirov, Petrov, other GRU officers' passport numbers almost coincide – The Insider22:50, 20 September 2018
The Guardian: Britain lets Putin move his dark money with impunity. That has to stop21:50, 20 September 2018
- OSCE: Donbas becomes one of most densely mined areas in world 13:14 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- JFO: One Ukrainian soldier wounded in action in Donbas in past day 09:20 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Elections in "DPR-LPR" jeopardize Minsk process 23:55 Wednesday, 19 September 2018
- Ukraine to issue 10 millionth biometric passport on Sept 21 12:43 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Residents of Kherson region complain of cough, rash after acid leaks in Crimea 12:12 Thursday, 20 September 2018
- Poroshenko on autocephaly for church: Work started with first meeting with Patriarch Bartholomew 09:51 Thursday, 20 September 2018