Top news of the day
- Bus with Ukrainian tourists crashes in Poland: three people killed (Photo) 14:20 Saturday, 18 August 2018
- United States transfers two more radar systems to Ukraine's army 22:25 Friday, 17 August 2018
- Ukraine's central bank spends half a billion dollars to save hryvnia 18:57 Friday, 17 August 2018
- No breakthroughs on Ukraine expected at Putin-Merkel summit - media 16:00 Friday, 17 August 2018
- Yaroslav Samolyuk Week's balance: inflation declining, railways waving good-bye to Russia, and agrarians determined on volumes of grain exports Ukraine's infrastructure minister Volodymyr Omelyan, in response to the transport blockade by Putin's Russia, announced he was ready to close down passenger railway communication with an aggressive neighbor; the State Statistics Committee reported on the deflation in the consumer market; while agrarians and the Ministry of Agrarian Policy agreed on the volumes of Ukrainian wheat exports – such are the main economic news of the past week.
- Anastasia Zaremba From prisoner to hero and back: Will Kostenko follow in Savchenko's steps Ukrainian political prisoner Oleksandr Kostenko, recently released from the Russian prison, is now at risk of repeating the fate of Nadiia Savchenko in the sense that his return to Ukraine, which is now being boasted in high offices as a win of Ukraine authorities may as well result in his further imprisonment, this time in Ukraine.
- Dmytro Shvartz Week's balance: Empty treasury, Kyiv's struggle for hot water, and selection of privatization advisers The balance of funds in the single account of Ukraine's State Treasury has dropped to its absolute low over the past four and a half years; Kyiv is looking for opportunities to negotiate with Naftogaz, while purchasing fuel from private entities; the State Property Fund has selected investment advisors to conduct large privatization - these are the main economic news of the outgoing week.
- Nana Chornaya Suing Russia: New twists and turns in legal battle Ukraine authorities plan to create an interdepartmental body to consolidate claims against Russia for compensation of damage over the Kremlin's aggression in Donbas and Crimea annexation. Experts consider the move to be timely, although warning that hearings in international courts will be lengthy, while Russia will not pay off its debts voluntarily, so Ukraine needs to be strategically prepared for foreclosures.
- Ukraine's fiscal service plans large-scale inspection of timber exporters 15:55 Saturday, 18 August 2018
- Poroshenko enacts law on US$50 mln in coal mines' subsidies 10:00 Saturday, 18 August 2018
- Energoatom says it will stop shipping spent nuclear fuel to Russia in 2020 21:48 Friday, 17 August 2018
- Reuters: Oil rises but set for weekly loss on concerns over trade row 19:47 Friday, 17 August 2018
- Yaroslav Samolyuk Week's balance: inflation declining, railways waving good-bye to Russia, and agrarians determined on volumes of grain exports
- Dmytro Shvartz Week's balance: Empty treasury, Kyiv's struggle for hot water, and selection of privatization advisers
- Week's balance: delay with pensions, gas tariff freeze, and privatization restart
- Oleksandr Kynytsky Week's balance: gas talks in Berlin, offensive on smugglers, barriers in economy
- Week's balance: Premonition of default, scandals around energy minister, and victory of "EU-platers"
- Maksym Shevchenko Week's balance: Bill on exit capital tax, Groysman vs smuggling, and reform of state banks governance
- Bus with Ukrainian tourists crashes in Poland: three people killed (Photo)Eleven Ukrainians have been seriously injured.
Trump defends ex-aide Manafort as jury weighs verdict – media23:30, 17 August 2018
Poland calls for permanent U.S. military base12:40, 17 August 2018
- Ukraine reports 2 WIA's amid 40 enemy attacks in past day 12:10 Saturday, 18 August 2018
- Ukraine conducts test firing of new anti-ship cruise missile (Photo, video) 11:00 Saturday, 18 August 2018
- RFE/RL says it questions 'confession' of Ukrainian blogger held by Russia-backed separatists 09:00 Saturday, 18 August 2018
- Police detain two more suspects in acid attack on Kherson activist Kateryna Handziuk 01:20 Saturday, 18 August 2018
- Ukrainian court sentences Crimean woman for treason – media 16:40 Friday, 17 August 2018
- Ukraine MFA urges Poland to stop persecution of Ukrainian Society chairman in Lublin 16:20 Friday, 17 August 2018