Top news of the day
- Two sailors of Crimean ship seized in Ukraine flee to Belarus with Russian-issued passports 00:44 Friday, 20 April 2018
- Russian telecoms firms obliged to store text messages, voice traffic data for 30 days 21:45 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Russia, NATO military chiefs meet in Azerbaijan – media 20:55 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- IMF seeing no opportunity for raising minimum wage in Ukraine 14:00 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Iryna Somer Head of NATO Military Committee General Petr Pavel: We are heading to make Ukrainian defense forces capable and credible enough to deter any potential aggression Chairman of the NATO Military Committee General Petr Pavel sat down with UNIAN to explain whether it's possible to bring Ukrainian forces to NATO standards by 2020, be granted a Membership Action Plan, whether to expect from Russia a full-scale invasion into Ukraine in the short term, and why he believes the Donbas conflict has no military solution to it.
- Yevgeny Magda Ukrainian interest. Syria escalation, Poroshenko's efforts, and Orban's triumph The United States, UK, and France went for a joint airstrike at Syrian facilities where the intelligence believes chemical weapons are produced. Peter Poroshenko held intensive negotiations with German leadership and outlined Ukraine's further foreign policy priorities. U.S. sanctions against Russia, probably for the first time, became truly effective, forcing the Kremlin to look for ways to save face. Viktor Orban and his Fidesz Party secured a constitutional majority in the Hungarian parliament.
- Week's balance: Partners recommend reforms, Groysman declares war on "secret club of subsoil users," and law enforcers go for useless searches at Ukrzaliznytsia The World Bank urged Ukraine authorities to speed up reform, Prime Minister Groysman attacked extraction companies from the President's entourage, while law enforcers once again raided the Ukrzaliznytsia headquarters - these are the key economic news of the past week.
- Can sanctions against Russian oligarchs hit their Ukraine property A few years ago, the dependence of the Ukrainian economy on that of its northern neighbor was so strong that a sanctions strike against Russia would ricochet violently over Ukraine. However, despite the fact that the hryvnia today saw no damage from the ruble plunge, a new package of Russia sanctions could still affect certain Ukrainian companies.
- Ukraine's economy ministry says France's Alstom looking for production site in Ukraine 22:52 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Ukrzaliznytsia's acting CEO expects US$7.63 mln in net profit in Q1 19:50 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- NBU assets shrink by 5.4% since year's start 18:59 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- PM Groysman names Ukraine's major economic challenge 14:20 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Week's balance: Partners recommend reforms, Groysman declares war on "secret club of subsoil users," and law enforcers go for useless searches at Ukrzaliznytsia
- Can sanctions against Russian oligarchs hit their Ukraine property
- Week's balance: Start of sowing campaign and road repairs, new stage of decentralization and delay of rail ticket price hike
- Week's balance: FTA with Israel, paradise for low-cost airlines, and record placement of domestic bonds
- Elizaveta Korchemaha Week's balance: Ryanair in Ukraine, break-up with Russia, billions on roads, and farmers fighting for VAT
- Week's balance: Mogherini promises another billion, Smolii takes lead of NBU , hryvnia sees new coins
- Russian telecoms firms obliged to store text messages, voice traffic data for 30 daysCall detail records should be stored for six months.
Reuters: Trump's ex-campaign chief Manafort to seek dismissal of charges17:55, 19 April 2018
Big tech groups snared in Russia internet curbs15:00, 19 April 2018
- OSCE urges improvement of checkpoints in eastern Ukraine - Xinhua 14:40 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Regaining by force or abandoning Donbas: Experts name four scenarios for east Ukraine developments 13:40 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Ukraine reports 50 enemy attacks in Donbas, 2 WIAs in last day 09:20 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Ukraine's parliament backs appeal to Bartholomew to create independent UOC 13:00 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Patriarch Filaret supports Poroshenko's appeal to Patriarch Bartholomew to create independent UOC 10:20 Thursday, 19 April 2018
- Ukraine's envoy: Russia ignores offer to exchange 23 Russians for Ukrainian hostages 10:00 Thursday, 19 April 2018