Top news of the day
- Rada bars Russians from buying Ukraine’s SOEs 19:50 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- Poroshenko finally finds replacement for Gontareva in NBU 19:34 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- IMF criticizes Ukraine’s pension reform 19:10 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- Sweden sends leaflets to 5 mln homes on how to prepare for war with Russia 17:50 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- Ukraine's key to NATO When Ukrainian officials talk about possibilities for the country to join NATO, they mostly face criticism toward such an initiative. And this criticism is not unfounded as Ukraine has long lost its Membership Action Plan (MAP). However, Kyiv does have a key to NATO. It’s just that this key should be applied properly.
- Reintegration for the sake of it The further the discussions on the bill on the reintegration of Donbas go, the less understanding why it was at all necessary to submit the draft for the second reading in its current "finalized" form, especially if we take into account what risks it carries.
- Week’s milestones. Breakthrough of National Police, Groysman’s economy, and elements of influence The national police said they apprehended the suspect in the murder of lawyer Iryna Nozdrovska. Petro Poroshenko met with Ukraine’s delegation to the Tripartite Contact Group in Minsk. PM Volodymyr Groysman focused on the economy. Mikheil Saakashvili is changing tactics. Ukraine is attacked by “exposing” fake news.
- New Year's hryvnia fever The Ukrainian hryvnia continues to plunge, approaching the historical minimum of UAH 30 to the U.S. dollar. The National Bank considers this New Year's turbulence a seasonal symptom, with which experts agree, predicting the strengthening of the national currency. And the only question is how soon this will happen.
- U.S. company to supply 26 wind turbines to Ukraine's Prymorska WEP 23:50 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- World Bank welcomes Ukraine president's comments on corruption law - Reuters 23:45 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- Expert says farmers provide over 41% of Ukrainian exports 23:10 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- IMF’s Lagarde, Poroshenko to discuss Ukraine reform for allocating another aid tranche 21:50 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- New Year's hryvnia fever
- Week’s balance: inflation and petrol prices rising, hryvnia dropping, teachers receiving gift from Cabinet
- Compensation for looting. How the state allows Akhmetov to profit twice on Ukrtelecom
- Ukrainian energy industry: thorny road of reform
- Week’s balance: economy on the rise, energy industry setting records, ports finding investors
- New Year's wish to Ukrainian banks: get off your knees and lend
- Sweden sends leaflets to 5 mln homes on how to prepare for war with RussiaSweden is preparing to issue a public information manual on what to do in the event of war, as debate in the country grows over how...
The Hill: Tillerson prints out Trump tweets while planning policies12:53, 18 January 2018
Polish foreign ministry set for major reshuffle as graduates of Russian universities to be sacked21:10, 16 January 2018
- "404 Not Found:" Images of ruined bus station in Donetsk hit Internet (Photos) 14:31 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- ATO HQ reveals militants' plan to shell own positions, civilians on both sides of contact line 12:06 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- Donbas escalation: 3 KIA's, 5 WIA's amid seven attacks on Ukraine in last day 09:43 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- Kyiv, Russian proxies in Donbas already exchanged lists of detainees for 2018 swap – UA envoy’s spox 21:10 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- New footage shows final hours of slain Ukrainian lawyer – media 13:14 Thursday, 18 January 2018
- Ukraine follows trajectory from IT outsourcing to product development – media 12:30 Thursday, 18 January 2018