News of Ukraine and the world
- French Prime Minister Philippe: Sanctions against Russia can be lifted "at any time" 18:58 Monday, 24 June 2019
- Ukrainian spec-ops forces unit passes NATO certification, first time in history 14:50 Monday, 24 June 2019
- Russians spread fake plot to assassinate Boris Johnson on social media 14:00 Monday, 24 June 2019
- Klimkin estimates likelihood of Russia returning to PACE 11:30 Monday, 24 June 2019
- Nadija Burbela Week's balance: Zelensky vows business liberalization, NBU cancels mandatory sale of forex proceeds, while state budget gets EUR 1 bln President Volodymyr Zelensky promised Ukrainian business leaders to liberalize the economy and improve business climate, the National Bank decided on a historic step to abolish the mandatory sale by exporters of foreign exchange proceeds, the state budget was replenished by EUR 1 billion after a successful placement of foreign government bonds, while the statistics agency improved the outlook for GDP growth in the first quarter – these are main economic news of the outgoing week.
- Dmytro Shvartz Week's balance: Ukraine issues bonds worth EUR 1 billion, inflation shows rise, while Constitutional Court alters status of energy regulator Ukraine for the first time in fifteen years issued euro-denominated bonds, the State Statistics Service reported accelerating inflation, the Cabinet approved Ukrzaliznytsia's development strategy until 2023, and the Constitutional Court caused a storm with its decision to recognize unconstitutional a number of provisions of the law on the energy regulator – these are economic news of the past week.
- Nana Chornaya Debt pressure: borrowing again to pay back previous "loans" The Ministry of Finance is going to borrow in the foreign market, again. They have announced the next issue of Eurobonds. No specifics have been revealed yet about its parameters. Details are being discussed with Ukraine's Western partners. But the main thing is that our country will get into more debts to settle on the previous ones worth billions.
- Nana Chornaya Gas conflict between Cabinet and Naftogaz: Will Ukrainians have heat in their homes this winter? Another conflict has erupted between the Cabinet and Naftogaz. This time it broke out against the background of the purchase of gas for the passage of the future heating season, taking into account the risk of a halt to the transit of Russian gas from January 1, 2020. Naftogaz said it had no money for these purposes. In turn, the government believes that the issue of the shortage of funds should be resolved by Naftogaz's "creative" management, which over the past three years has increased tenfold the expenditures on the company's management.
- Czechs detect new Russian oil contamination, Slovakia finds no problem – media 22:25 Monday, 24 June 2019
- Reuters: Putin extends ban on European food imports until end of 2020 20:25 Monday, 24 June 2019
- Naftogaz: Low gas transmission tariffs, imperfection of GTS Code cause shortage of funds at Ukrtransgaz 19:10 Monday, 24 June 2019
- NBU's purchases of foreign currency shrink by 66.7% in third week of June 18:25 Monday, 24 June 2019
- Nadija Burbela Week's balance: Zelensky vows business liberalization, NBU cancels mandatory sale of forex proceeds, while state budget gets EUR 1 bln
- Dmytro Shvartz Week's balance: Ukraine issues bonds worth EUR 1 billion, inflation shows rise, while Constitutional Court alters status of energy regulator
- Nana Chornaya Debt pressure: borrowing again to pay back previous "loans"
- Nana Chornaya Gas conflict between Cabinet and Naftogaz: Will Ukrainians have heat in their homes this winter?
- Ihor Orel Week's balance: Cabinet "freezes" electricity tariffs for households, obliges Naftogaz to reduce gas prices, while National Bank keeps key rate unchanged
- Valeriy Makovetskiy Valeriy Makovetskiy: How Foxtrot pays taxes and teaches Ukrainians how to control the state Trending
- Malaysian PM's statement on MH17 probe could be price to pay for Russian defense contractsPlane crash Malaysia is part of the team investigating the downing MH17. Yet the prime minister is openly critical of this.
Wine upon arrival: Georgia attracting tourists amid spat with Russia19:55, 24 June 2019
Lessons learned from Chernobyl "being unlearned": media16:05, 24 June 2019
- Ukraine reports 34 violations of ceasefire by enemy in Donbas 09:50 Monday, 24 June 2019
- One Ukraine soldier killed, eight wounded as number of Russia-led forces' attacks grows to 31 on Saturday 14:55 Sunday, 23 June 2019
- EU military delegation visits Joint Forces Operation zone in Donbas 14:40 Saturday, 22 June 2019
- Ukraine's Social Policy Ministry: Number of IDPs from Donbas, Crimea almost 1.39 mln people 20:55 Monday, 24 June 2019
- New Ukrainian church punishes Filaret, taking from "patriarch" Kyiv diocese, temples 15:00 Monday, 24 June 2019
- Crimea invaders actually threaten mainland Ukraine with bacteriological weapons – expert 14:25 Monday, 24 June 2019