News of Ukraine and the world
- Russia agrees to return seized naval boats to Ukraine – Russian media 23:45 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Ex-U.S. envoy Yovanovitch says "corrupt Ukrainians" orchestrated her removal 22:30 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Zelensky's Office elaborates on Macron phone call 21:45 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Date for upcoming Normandy Four summit named 20:15 Friday, 15 November 2019
Photo reports by UNIAN
- "DPR" secret prisons employ torture experts, not random people: ex-captives A secret "DPR" prison opened in the summer of 2014. It hosted those whom pro-Russian forces sought to break down to get guilty pleas. Often, people would tell on themselves, giving up to torture. Despite the fact that the "DPR" doesn't recognize the very existence of this "concentration camp", it is still operating. UNIAN sat down with former inmates to hear their stories.
- Week's balance: Cabinet reduces government spending, PM vows not to raise taxes, and Naftogaz places $500 mln worth of securities The government announced its intention to reduce government spending by 10% and cut thousands of jobs in regional state bodies, Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk promised not to raise taxes, while Naftogaz placed 7-year securities worth $500 million – these are the main economic news of the past week.
- Week's balance: Ukraine calls for investment in Donbas, gas transit talks continue, while regional administrations face personnel cuts The first investment forum was held in Mariupol, where President Zelensky called on businesses to invest in restoring Donbas, representatives of Naftogaz and Gazprom held another round of gas transit talks in Brussels, while the Cabinet announced personnel cuts in regional administrations as part of decentralization reform – these are the main economic news of the outgoing week.
- "NATO stands by your side": Stoltenberg addressed Ukraine's parliament NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg's speech from the rostrum of the Ukrainian parliament lasted a little over ten minutes, met with several rounds of applause from people's deputies. UNIAN made a short "summary" of his recommendations for Ukraine.
- Raiffeisen Bank Aval to pay bail for its chairman in refinancing loan theft case 23:15 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Ukraine's freight railway tariffs should be cut by 10% – expert 16:12 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Presidential Office meets with Infrastructure Ministry, railway workers on Ukrzaliznytsia reform 15:30 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Putin doesn't rule out halt to Russian gas transit via Ukraine from Jan 1 14:15 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Dmytro Buniak Week's balance: Cabinet reduces government spending, PM vows not to raise taxes, and Naftogaz places $500 mln worth of securities
- Anna Bredihyna Week's balance: Ukraine calls for investment in Donbas, gas transit talks continue, while regional administrations face personnel cuts
- Ihor Orel Gas talks in Brussels. Ukraine holding ground against Russia's ultimatum
- Anna Nagornaya Week's balance: Cabinet upgrades economic outlook, PM declares war on smuggling, while NBU again lowers key rate
- Dmytro Buniak Week's balance: Foreign lenders upgrade Ukraine economy outlook, exports to EU rise, while Rada adopted the 2020 budget in the first reading
- Olha Hordienko Billions for Donbas: How much reintegration costs and where to get the money
Lithuania pardons Russians sentenced for espionage, paving way to spy swap – media16:59, 15 November 2019
Russian spies likely intercepted ambassador's cell phone call with Trump – media13:52, 15 November 2019
- No disengagement before Normandy summit – head of national security committee 14:48 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Ukrainian soldier killed amid 15 enemy attacks in Donbas on Nov 14 09:27 Friday, 15 November 2019
- UN calls Donbas war world's "oldest" crisis 12:20 Thursday, 14 November 2019
- One of Islamic State leaders nabbed in Ukraine 19:30 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Two sappers dead, five injured during munitions disposal routine in Kharkiv region (Updated) 18:45 Friday, 15 November 2019
- Ukraine's Health Ministry says US$4.6 mln to be allocated for organ transplantation in 2020 16:33 Friday, 15 November 2019