Top news of the day
- World Bank speaks up against Ukraine’s current bill on anti-graft court: $800 mln at stake 18:30 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Russian political expert lists Putin's possible steps after Javelin supplies to Ukraine 14:07 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Sobchak reminds Russians about Ukrainian Crimea (Video) 11:14 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Former U.S. envoy to Ukraine: Lavrov's statement on Budapest Accord absurd 10:51 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Week’s milestones. Breakthrough of National Police, Groysman’s economy, and elements of influence The national police said they apprehended the suspect in the murder of lawyer Iryna Nozdrovska. Petro Poroshenko met with Ukraine’s delegation to the Tripartite Contact Group in Minsk. PM Volodymyr Groysman focused on the economy. Mikheil Saakashvili is changing tactics. Ukraine is attacked by “exposing” fake news.
- New Year's hryvnia fever The Ukrainian hryvnia continues to plunge, approaching the historical minimum of UAH 30 to the U.S. dollar. The National Bank considers this New Year's turbulence a seasonal symptom, with which experts agree, predicting the strengthening of the national currency. And the only question is how soon this will happen.
- Week’s balance: inflation and petrol prices rising, hryvnia dropping, teachers receiving gift from Cabinet The State Statistics Service reported on a higher inflation rate in 2017, the hryvnia continued its descending path, while the cost of gasoline and diesel fuel jumped against the background of rising global oil prices, and the government at its first meeting this year announced an increase in teachers' salaries - these are the main economic news of the year’s second week.
- State Property Fund starts preparations for sale of 20 large SOEs 21:50 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Another international gas trader obtains license in Ukraine 20:30 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Ukraine's prosecutors explain why they conduct new raid at state gas producer Ukrgazvydobuvannia 16:53 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Ukraine almost halves anthracite consumption in 2017 – Deputy PM 16:31 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- New Year's hryvnia fever
- Week’s balance: inflation and petrol prices rising, hryvnia dropping, teachers receiving gift from Cabinet
- Compensation for looting. How the state allows Akhmetov to profit twice on Ukrtelecom
- Ukrainian energy industry: thorny road of reform
- Week’s balance: economy on the rise, energy industry setting records, ports finding investors
- New Year's wish to Ukrainian banks: get off your knees and lend
- Measles virus gets to Poland as six Ukrainian workers admitted to hospital - mediaSix Ukrainian nationals employed at a sausage factory in Morlino near northern Poland’s Ostroda in Poland are reported to have been infected with...
Polish foreign ministry set for major reshuffle as graduates of Russian universities to be sacked21:10, 16 January 2018
Russia uses unrecognized Transnistria to bypass EU sanctions – Ukrainian MP19:50, 16 January 2018
- Russian war pilots to practice landing on highway near Ukraine border 19:10 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- People in "DPR"-held area outraged by Zakharchenko's ban on travel to Ukraine – journalist 13:44 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Priests of UOC of Moscow Patriarchate reportedly pray for militants in Donbas, bless arms – media 12:53 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Celebrating Diversity: 18 acts to participate in Ukraine's selection 23:10 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Photo exhibit on Donbas war kicks off at NATO HQ 17:50 Tuesday, 16 January 2018
- Crimea activist blasts Russia as prosecutor seeks five-year prison term – media 11:45 Tuesday, 16 January 2018