Lutsenko suspends three PGO prosecutors for period of probe into conflict with NABU
Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko has ordered to suspend from duties three employees of the Prosecutor General’s Office for the period of the internal investigation into the conflict of August 12 with the participation of prosecutors and the employees of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau in Kyiv, the PGO press service has told UNIAN.
"Prosecutor General of Ukraine made a decision to dismiss three employees of the GPU to perform their duties at the time of the official investigation on the fact of the events that took place on August 12 with the participation of employees of the Prosecutor General and the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine on Simon Petlura Street in Kyiv," reads the statement.
The PGO also stressed that the decision to suspend the prosecutors was made to carry out a probe efficiently, quickly and impartially in a criminal case investigated by the Security Service of Ukraine.
As UNIAN reported earlier, a conflict was reported between employees of the PGO and the NABU on August 12.
Lutsenko seeks ways to reconcile prosecutors with anti-graft agencyThe representatives of the PGO have allegedly illegally detained for 11 hours without writing the relevant protocols the two technical operatives of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau. The NABU employees had been conducting technical surveillance in a safe house near the building of the PGO Department against several prosecutors in several criminal proceedings.
The detained NABU employees reported they had been beaten while in PGO custody, as well as threats and psychological pressure.
On August 18, Lutsenko said that at the suggestion of NABU chief Artem Sytnik he forwarded all cases launched following the incident to the Security Service of Ukraine.