Deserter who murdered Ukrainian troops detained in Luhansk region
A deserter, who had earlier shot the Ukrainian troops, killing two and wounding another five, was detained in Luhansk region, MP of Kryviy Rih City Council, former commander of the Kryvbas Battalion Mykola Kolesnyk wrote on Facebook.
"A killer-deserter, who went in the direction of the city of Luhansk, was detained," he said.
This information was confirmed by Vadym Troyan, Deputy Chief of the National Police.
Kharkiv volunteer Roman Donik said that the deserter-killer was detained in a special raid in Luhansk region.
ATO HQ: Militants increase number of attacks, sniper groups involvedAs UNIAN reported earlier, a Ukrainian armed forces position near the village of Stanytsia Luhanska in Luhansk region, eastern Ukraine was attacked by an enemy special forces unit at about 16:00 local time on Monday, September 12.
Two Ukrainian servicemen were killed in a clash, while another five were wounded. One soldier was reported missing in action.
Later, the reports came that fire had been opened by an armed deserter, who was thought to try to flee after the incident to the occupied areas of Donbas.
The military counter-intelligence suggests that he could have links with the militants.