22 October 2016

Our Community

Rebels launch major assault to break siege of opposition-held Aleppo – Reuters

Syrian rebel fighters launched on Sunday a major assault on government-held southwestern parts of Aleppo in the first major drive to regain ground after major losses last week when the army and its allies tightened its siege of opposition-held parts of the northern city, according to Reuters.


A rebel military command center that includes the newly formed group Islamist Jabhat Fatah al Sham, the former al-Qaeda linked Nusra Front and Ahrar al Sham said they had taken over army positions in the southwestern government-held parts of the city in the first few hours of launching the battle to break the siege imposed on rebel-held areas, as reported by Reuters.

The Syrian army confirmed on state media that rebels had waged an offensive but said its fighters pushed back insurgents from an air force artillery base and denied insurgents had captured the Hikma school.

If you notice a spelling error, please highlight it with your mouse and press Ctrl+Enter
Read also



Do you like the new site?
Leave your opinion