Trilateral Contact Group on Donbas to hold another meeting in Minsk on July 2 – media
The next meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) on Donbas will be held in Minsk on July 2.
This was announced by Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office in Ukraine and in the Trilateral Contact Group Martin Sajdik on June 19 after a recent TCG meeting in Minsk, Belarus' BelTA said.
In particular, he said that the parties to the talks on the situation in Donbas had not yet reached a common opinion on declaring the so-called "harvest" truce.
"As for the disengagement of troops and equipment near the village of Stanytsia Luhanska, the intention to start it, which as expressed by the parties in Minsk two weeks ago, has not yet been implemented," Sajdik said. "The cause behind this were ceasefire violations. And they appeared after the parties had expressed this intention. There had been no violations for a long time before that."
He said he had the feeling that the parties really want to disengage the troops and equipment in the area of Stanytsia Luhanska.
He expressed the hope that it would take place, but he found it difficult to project when it could happen.
"A similar situation is seen with a truce. Despite the obvious interest of the parties in the so-called 'harvest' truce, they, unfortunately, have not yet been able to reach a common opinion on the text of a joint statement," Sajdik said.
Answering a question of whether the atmosphere of negotiations has become more active after the election of Volodymyr Zelensky as president of Ukraine, the diplomat confirmed this fact.