Photo from UNIAN

"The Ukrainian side has been consistently fulfilling its obligations under the agreement to cease fire from August 25, 2017. At the same time, the ceasefire is being systematically violated by the ORDLO [representatives of the occupied parts of Donbas], which indicates that the Russian Federation and the ORDLO fail to adhere to the agreements reached. This is evidenced by the lack of appropriate instructions: according to the OSCE SMM, it was from mass media that the illegal armed groups in the occupied parts of Donbas learned about the TCG call to cease fire on the occasion of the new school year," Darka Olifer wrote on Facebook.

"The Ukrainian side has called for them to do everything to ensure that the ceasefire is ultimately observed tomorrow, September 1. Violations of the silence regime on the part of the ORDLO should be investigated by the OSCE SMM, while the perpetrators be identified and punished, with specific examples provided and making such cases public," Olifer said.

Read alsoPoroshenko insists on 24/7 format of OSCE monitoring in DonbasAs UNIAN reported, August 23, the TCG in Minsk agreed on a ceasefire from midnight August 25, in connection with the start of the school year. On August 28, First Principal Monitor of the OSCE SMM in Ukraine Alexander Hug said that more than 600 ceasefire violations had been recorded since the announcement of the "school armistice" in Donbas.

On August 28, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron called on Russian President Vladimir Putin and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to step up efforts to implement the Minsk agreement on establishing a ceasefire in eastern Ukraine.

In turn, Poroshenko instructed the leadership of the Armed Forces to continue to observe the earlier-announced silence regime.