Yuri Lutsenko has sent in his resignation from the post of Interior Minister of Ukraine and asks parliament to consider this issue without him.

According to an UNIAN correspondent, Verkhovna Rada Speaker Volodymyr Lytvyn clamed this at a session of the parliament’s Conciliatory Council on Tuesday, having read the respective letter of Yuri Lutsenko to the parliament.

In his letter, the Minister described the incident that happened in Frankfurt, and stressed that the German police had officially apologized to the Ukrainian delegation for this incident.

Despite this, Lutsenko’s letter reads, German mass media disseminated false publications, which were later re-published by Ukrainian media. At the same time, according to the Minister, none of the publications mentions about apologizes of the German police.

Yuri Lutsenko is confident that a dirty campaign is waged against him in Ukraine. The aim of the campaign, according to him, is to destabilize the work of the Interior Ministry.

As UNIAN reported earlier, according to Deutsche Welle, referring to Bild newspaper, Interior Minister of Ukraine Yuri Lutsenko spent half a day in a police station at Frankfurt airport. The Minister and members of the Ukrainian delegation in a state of acute alcohol intoxication were detained by police. According to Bild, the plane captain refused to take off with such drunken passengers. In response, Lutsenko allegedly "took offense, started shouting and hurling his mobile phone." Police had to detain the passengers, one of whom, the 19-year-old son of the minister, Alexander, was allegedly incompliant and as a result was handcuffed, media reported.

At the same time, on Wednesday, the Ukrainian Interior Ministry has dismissed Western media allegations that Interior Minister Yuriy Lutsenko and members acted improperly at Frankfurt airport in Germany. According to the information of the Ministry, on May 4, the Interior Ministry`s delegation was detained at the Frankfurt airport during document checks and missed the flight, with the plane crew refused to take them on board. The delegation decided to catch the next flight. "There were no handcuffs, no drunken conflict," the department said.