"This is a temporary freezing order for the time of the trial," he told TSN.ua.
On December 19, 2017, the English High Court granted a worldwide freezing order against former owners of PrivatBank Ihor Kolomoisky and Hennadiy Boholiubov, according to the bank's website.
Read alsoFormer NBU head says PrivatBank required no nationalization, could survive on its ownThe freezing order was granted in the context of the trial of the nationalized PrivatBank against its former owners. The bank accuses Kolomoisky and Boholiubov of withdrawing almost US$2 billion from the financial institution.
The court' ruling concerns the assets of the businessmen to the tune of over $2.5 billion, including six companies that are likely to belong to or are under their control.
The media earlier reported that before the nationalization of PrivatBank, allegedly UAH 110 billion had been withdrawn to fictitious companies.
However, Kolomoisky stated that the funds had not been withdrawn.
"As part of the restructuring of the loan portfolio [the funds] had been forwarded to the companies that repaid previous borrowers' loans. That is, the money was left in the bank," he added.
Kolomoisky noted that those operations were under full control of Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) Kateryna Rozhkova.