President urges Prime Minister to improve law on privatization
Yushchenko wrote letter to Tymoshenko
President Victor Yushchenko wrote a letter to Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, according to the President`s press-office.
In his letter President drew Prime Minister’s attention to urgent need to improve the law of Ukraine “On privatization of state property” and the need to work out new State privatization program.
To Victor Yushchenko during preparation of the abovementioned documents should include provisions on:
- improvement of state property selling procedure to ensure its transparency
programs of reforming certain branches and selling enterprises of these branches
- forming a clear-cut national strategy of effective state property use including revision of lists of enterprises banned from privatization and selling state owned share holdings that are too small to allow state control over the corresponding enterprises
- adoption of the procedures of privatizing enterprises of strategic value
- mechanisms of selling financialy unattractive enterprises
- refraining from laying down conditions of privatization under which potential investors are limited in their participation in the competition
- expert discussions on enterprises privatization prior to their selling
- investing no less than 50% of the funds acquired from privatization into state owned enterprises of strategic value to national economy and security designating branches requiring urgent support beforehand
In his letter President also forwarded for Cabinet of Ministers’ consideration a list of enterprises subject to privatization in 2008.
V. Yushchenko requested Prime Minister to inform him on the work progress before February 15, 2008.