Savchenko continues her hunger strike
Ukrainian female pilot and MP Nadia Savchenko continues her hunger strike on the third consecutive day, refusing from food and water.
Today, on March 7, Consul General of Ukraine in Rostov-on-Don Vitaliy Moskalenko and Vice Consul Oleksandr Kovtun have visited Savchenko in the detention facility where she is currently held.
They reported there were first signs that Savchenko's health condition was deteriorating: fast heartbeat and cold hands, Ukrainian TSN news service reported.
The meeting lasted an hour and a half, according to the report. Savchenko stated that she intended to continue her hunger strike until the next court hearing, which had been scheduled for March 9, according to the diplomats. Savchenko is expected to make her last plea, they said.
Also, Savchenko is said to be under supervision of a doctor who has been measuring her pressure. Savchenko refuses categorically to take food or water. The consuls plan to visit Savchenko tomorrow, on March 8, to learn about the state of her health.