President suggests five principles of fighting recession
In national economy
Addressing those, who gathered at today’s all-national anti-crisis consultative meeting, President Victor Yushchenko set forth his five principles of preventing recession in national economy, according to the President`s press-office.
- giving preference to national producers` interests while providing state financial support
- rebalancing export-import symmetry by cutting unnecessary imports and supporting exporters
- curtailment of unnecessary state expenses
- termination of populist demagogy by all the politicians and their concentration on practical systematic work
- protection of social standards
Separately, addressing employers, President urged them to refrain from major staff reductions or at least to conduct these reductions only if it is unavoidable and in accordance with the law.