Ukraine to raise issue of cutting presence of Russian nationals in OSCE SMM
A meeting of the Tripartite Contact Group on Donbas settlement is scheduled to convene in the Belarusian capital of Minsk November 29, according to Radio Liberty.
The Ukrainian side plans, among other issues on the agenda, to raise the question of reducing the number of Russian citizens in the OSCE SMM, Radio Liberty reports.
As the member of the Minsk Trilateral Contact Group's humanitarian subgroup and First Deputy Parliament Speaker Iryna Gerashchenko earlier said, it was due to the recent case when the Mission's observer had been spotted greeted the militant of the Russian-backed "Luhansk People's Republic." The release of captured Ukrainians will remain in the spotlight, the Ukrainian side said earlier.
As the separatist websites report, the "LPR" expects the dates for the exchange of prisoners will be coordinated in Minsk. The negotiating group from the "Donetsk People's Republic" will insist on considering humanitarian situation, prisoner exchange, the return of IDs to persons who were previously dismissed, and the joint search for missing persons, pro-militant websites report.
Read alsoOSCE forced to post explanation after representative seen saluting militant during handover of remains of Ukrainian KIAsAccording to the schedule agreed in the summer, the next meetings of negotiators in Minsk, besides today's one, will be held on December 5 and December 20.
Another ceasefire regime had to be launched from August 25, on the eve of the school year, and become permanent. However, the parties reported about first violations within minutes of the announcement of truce.
The ceasefire in the Donbas conflict zone has been agreed many times, but so far no actual ceasefire has been maintained.