President Victor Yushchenko held a weekly meeting with the Verkhovna Rada Speaker and Prime Minister, according to the President`s press-office. Due to the fact that Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko left for the Kingdom of Belgium on a two day visit, Vice Prime Minister Oleksandr Turchynov was invited to the meeting instead of her.
Other participants of the meeting were National Security and Defense Council secretary Rayisa Bohatyryova, BYuT faction leader Ivan Kyrylenko, OU-PSD faction leader Vyacheslav Kyrylenko, President’s Secretariat Chief of Staff Viktor Baloha, and his first deputy Oleksandr Shlapak.
Participants of the meeting focused mainly on economic policy of the Cabinet of Ministers.
Questions at the agenda of today’s meeting were:
- organizing effective privatization and preventing risks in that field;
- Savings Bank of Ukraine work optimization issues;
- financial condition of NJSC Naftogaz of Ukraine;
- Zaporizhyan aluminum factory issues regarding electricity prices and enterprise’s competitiveness;
- organizing effective work of the Government regarding draft laws preliminary examination by governmental committees.