Adam Smith Conferences’ 4th Annual Ukrainian Investment Summit will take place in London on March 10th-12th, 2008, according to a press-release from USUBC, forwarded to UNIAN.
The U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) and several of its members, such as Kraft, Horizon Capital, Shell, Baker & McKenzie, Salans, Marks Sokolov & Burd, Cardinal Resources, and TD International, will be participating in the Ukrainian Investment Summit. Dr. Anders Aslund, Senior Advisor to USUBC, will be holding a book signing event.
This Summit is the largest investment conference dedicated to Ukraine globally, attracting over 600 attendees from 26 countries in 2007. It brings together key Ukrainian government officials from the economic and finance block and the elite of Ukrainian business to meet with their international counterparts.
The aim of the Summit is to ensure that the international investment community is fully informed about the opportunities that exist in Europe`s fastest growing economy.
The format of the UIS 2008 is a three-day conference with a mixture of plenary and streamed sessions. One stream, running over two days, will be dedicated to the Ukrainian Infrastructure Summit, highlighting the opportunities that are being created for the private sector as Ukraine undertakes to completely upgrade its infrastructure in preparation for co-hosting the Euro-2012 football championships. Broad and varied social programme will give all participants opportunity for informal discussions and meetings.
This year`s Summit has a host of new, value-added features, including:
(1) the Ukrainian Infrastructure Summit, highlighting the opportunities being created through preparations for Euro-2012 and featuring the likes of the cities of Kyiv, Kharkiv and Lviv, Bouygues, EBRD, EIB, Hochtief, Macquarie Capital, Skanska, Strabag and Ukrainian Railways;
(2) A book-signing session with Dr Anders Aslund;
(3) The pioneering SpotMe networking and electronic polling system;
(4) A Welcome Drinks Reception, sponsored by Ferrexpo plc and Bank Finance & Credit , to be opened personally by their main shareholder, Kostyantyn Zhevago;
(5) Champagne roundtable discussion groups, focusing on key industry sectors and the Euro-2012 host cities;
(6) Gala Evening at the historic Freemasons` Hall, sponsored by DataGroup.