Ukraine's Deputy Health Minister, Chief Medical Officer Viktor Liashko has said Ukraine is developing a unique test that will distinguish flu from COVID-19.
"Today, there are many test systems that diagnose coronavirus disease. At the same time, we need to prepare for the season when flu, parainfluenza and other 200 flu-like diseases join COVID-19," he told Ukraine 24 TV channel.
Read alsoUkraine reports record number of daily PCR tests for COVID-19 – health ministerTherefore, the Health Ministry has asked scientists to develop a test system that will be able to tell various types of viruses apart.
"Our academics said they would develop a test system for five or six streaks that will clearly show from one sample whether it is flu, parainfluenza, or coronavirus disease," Liashko said.
- Ukraine said 3,144 new active COVID-19 cases had been confirmed across the country in the past 24 hours as of September 11, 2020, marking yet another highest daily rise.
- The total number of confirmed cases grew to 148,756.
- As many as 67,005 patients, including 1,128 in the past day, have recovered.
- The death toll is 3,076 with 53 fatalities recorded over the past day.
- There were 78,675 active cases as of September 11.