Starting Saturday, November 14, additional restrictions are enforced across Ukraine as part of the "weekend quarantine" introduced earlier.
The Cabinet passed the corresponding decision to tighten the partial lockdown at its meeting on November 11.
Weekend quarantine: prohibitions and restrictions
- Beside the restrictions provided for on weekdays, the government has banned on weekends the work of:
- Catering establishments (except for take-out);
- Shopping malls and entertainment centers;
- Entertainment establishments; and
- Business entities working in trade and household consumer services (except for the trade in food at retail premises where at least 60% of space is allocated for food, fuel, medicines and medical products, veterinary drugs, and feed sales).
Read alsoDaily COVID-19 cases hit new high with over 12,500 cases on Nov 14In particular, beauty salons, fitness centers, gyms, and swimming pools were banned.
When is weekend quarantine in effect
The new bans will be in place from 00:00 Saturday to 00:00 Monday.
How long will weekend quarantine last
According to available information, restrictions were tentatively set for three weeks – from November 14 to November 30, 2020.