AC Milan star Kaka turned down a world-record 100 million-pound (C$176.7 million) transfer bid from Manchester City on Wednesday, saying he wants to stay with the Italian club as long as possible, according to Canadian Press via Yahoo! News.
But the Brazil international said his future is up to Milan.
Kaka told Mediaset, the television company controlled by Milan president and Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi, that he wished to stay.
"I have already refused important offers," the 26-year-old midfielder said on Mediaset`s website. "My objective is to become, in the future, the captain of (Milan).
"I know there is a hierarchy and (Paolo) Maldini and (Massimo) Ambrosini are before me, but after . . . "
Kaka, whose comments were also posted on Milan`s website, said in a televised Mediaset interview that he was "very happy" and wants "to grow old with Milan."
The 2007 FIFA world player of the year, however, made it clear that his future was up to Milan.
"What happens will be decided by Milan," Kaka said. "If, one day, the club wishes to sell me then it is a different issue altogether. ... "I`m here and I will be until they want me here and for as long my goals are the same as Milan`s."
Manchester City has not commented.
Kaka`s spokesman, Diogo Kotscho, had earlier confirmed that City had made a 100 million-pound bid for the midfielder.
Kotscho told The Associated Press that directors from the English club made the offer to AC Milan on Tuesday in a meeting in Milan.
Kotscho said Kaka was not represented in the meeting.
The Abu Dhabi United Group, led by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, bought Man City last September in a deal believed to be worth about 200 million pounds (C$355.34 million).
City, which has already signed England left back Wayne Bridge this month, is considered the only Premier League club with plenty of money to spend during the January transfer window.
City, coached by Mark Hughes, is currently 15th in the 20-team league.