French journeyman Jean-Marc Mormeck will have almost “no chance” in his bout against Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday, promoter Stepan Lendel told RIA Novosti on Friday, according to RIA Novosti.
Klitschko, nicknamed Dr. Steelhammer, holds the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight belts and is unbeaten since 2004.
The fight was originally scheduled for December, but postponed when the 35-year-old Ukrainian underwent surgery to remove a kidney stone.
“Mormeck has practically no chance of success in the bout with Wladimir Klitschko,” said Lendel, who managed former WBO champion Sultan Ibragimov.
“His main problem is that he absolutely isn’t a big hitter and won’t be able to cause a world champion serious problems of any sort. Against the Klitschko brothers only big hitters have a chance.”
Wladimir Klitschko would have had trouble beating Dereck Chisora, who lost to his brother Vitaly last month, Lendel said.
“If Wladimir, the younger of the brothers, had been in the ring with Chisora, then it would have been much more difficult.”
“But in a fight with Mormeck, if Wladimir’s feeling like a quick win, then he could end the fight in the first few rounds. The Frenchman isn’t a dangerous opponent for him.”
Lendel was Ibragimov’s promoter when he lost his WBO crown to Klitschko in 2008, and helped Russian boxer Timur Ibragimov in the run-up to his defeat to Mormeck in 2010.
Klitschko enters the bout with 56 wins in 59 professional fights, and could pick up his 50th knockout against Mormeck.
Mormeck, 39, is known as the Marksman and was a WBC and WBA cruiserweight champion until he was knocked out by David Haye in 2007. He has won 36 of his 40 professional fights, 22 of them by knockout.