Photo from UNIAN

A newly agreed, so-called "harvest ceasefire" has failed in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, as Russia's hybrid military forces have mounted two attacks on Ukrainian troops since 00:00 local time on Sunday, July 1.

In particular, Ukrainian positions near the village of Zaitseve close to the occupied town of Horlivka in the Donetsk sector came under 120mm mortar fire, the press center of Ukraine's Joint Forces Operation (JFO) Headquarters said in a morning update as of 07:00 on July 1 on Facebook.

What is more, the enemy resorted to grenade launchers, large-caliber machine guns and small arms to attack Ukrainian troops near the village of Novo-Oleksandrivka in the Luhansk sector.

The JFO HQ also reported about developments on June 30, when the Russian occupation forces mounted 26 attacks on Ukrainian positions in Donbas. In four instances, they used proscribed heavy weapons, the press center said. The JFO units were actively defending themselves and adequately repelled enemy attacks.

Read alsoThree Ukrainian soldiers killed in 122mm artillery attack near Mariupol on Wednesday

The village of Novotoshkivske was a hot spot in the Luhansk sector. The enemy opened fire on Ukrainian troops, using 120mm and 82mm mortars, grenade launchers, large-caliber machine guns and small arms.

On June 30, the Russian-controlled troops attacked the villages of Pivdenne and Zaitseve near Horlivka; they opened fire from grenade launchers and large-caliber machine guns.

The towns of Maryinka, Krasnohorivka, Avdiyivka, and the villages of Verkhniotoretske, Pisky, Opytne and Novomykhailivka were hot spots in the Donetsk sector. The enemy used mainly grenade launchers and small arms.

Most of the violations of the ceasefire in the Marupol sector were registered near the villages of Lebedynske, Vodiane, Pavlopil, Chermarlyk, Talakivka, and Hnutove. The Russian occupation used grenade launchers, large-caliber machine guns, and small arms.

One Ukrainian soldier was wounded in action as a result of hostilities in the past day, the JFO HQ.

According to Ukrainian intelligence reports, one enemy fighter was wounded when an armored personnel carrier of the Russian occupation forces had hit an anti-tank mine.