OSCE reports 325 explosions within 24 hours amid "harvest ceasefire" in Donbas

03:00, 14 July 2018
War
739 0
Photo from UNIAN

"In Donetsk region, the SMM recorded more ceasefire violations, including about 300 explosions, compared with the previous reporting period (about 25 explosions)," the OSCE SMM said in a July 13 update on its website for the period between 19:30 on July 11 to 19:30 on July 12.

The violations were reported near the Donetsk Filtration Station (15km north of Donetsk), the village of Maiorsk (government-controlled, 45km north-east of Donetsk), the town of Svitlodarsk (government-controlled, 57km north-east of Donetsk), the town of Yasynuvata (non-government-controlled, 16km north-east of Donetsk), the village of Kamianka (government-controlled, 20km north of Donetsk), the town of Debaltseve (non-government-controlled, 58km north-east of Donetsk), and the town of Avdiyivka (government-controlled, 17km north of Donetsk).

Read alsoUkrainian NGO: Ukraine benefits even from shaky ceasefire in Donbas

"In Luhansk region, the SMM recorded more ceasefire violations, including about 15 explosions, compared with the previous reporting period (no ceasefire violations)," the update said.

In particular, during the day on July 12, positioned in Kapitanove (government-controlled, 50km north-west of Luhansk), the SMM heard 12 explosions assessed as mortar rounds 5-7km south-west.

As UNIAN reported earlier, the Minsk Trilateral Contact Group on Donbas announced on June 27 that the sides had preliminarily committed to a ceasefire in Ukraine's east from July 1 due to the launch of a harvesting campaign, the so-called "harvest ceasefire."

Since then, Russian-led forces in Donbas have constantly been violating the truce.

If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter