Russia-led forces mounted two attacks on the Ukrainian army's positions in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, on Saturday, March 9.
"In the zone of responsibility of the Skhid [East] Tactical Grouping, the enemy opened fire from 120mm mortars at Ukrainian positions near the village of Lebedynske," the press center of the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) said in an evening update on Saturday.
In the action area of the Pivnich (North) Tactical Grouping, mercenaries fired 120mm and 82mm mortars at the Joint Forces strongholds near the village of Krymske.
The Ukrainian military fired back, using allowed weapons.
No Ukrainian army casualties have been reported since the start of the day.
The enemy's losses are being clarified.
The situation in the area of the Joint Forces Operation remains under control of Ukrainian troops.
As UNIAN reported earlier, Yevhen Marchuk, Ukraine's envoy to the Trilateral Contact Group on the settlement of the situation in Donbas, eastern Ukraine, on March 7 announced that a new truce had been agreed after midnight on March 8.
However, Russia's hybrid military forces mounted one attack on Ukrainian army positions in Donbas on March 8, the JFO press center said.