Three more Ukrainian soldiers hospitalized after night attack near Novoluhanske
Three more Ukrainian soldiers have been brought to hospital after a recent attack by Russia-led forces on Ukrainian positions near the village of Novoluhanske in Donbas, eastern Ukraine.
"As of 16:00 Kyiv time, three more servicemen had been brought to hospital," the press center of the Joint Forces Operation (JFO) headquarters said on Friday afternoon. "These are victims of an attack on the Joint Forces near Novoluhanske at night."
The enemy opened fire from proscribed 122mm artillery systems and 120mm mortars, as a result of which two Ukrainian soldiers were killed in action and another 11 were wounded in action.
As soon as a source of enemy fire was spotted, the Joint Forces immediately fired back, it said.
"We emphasize that Russian invaders' fire will not remain unpunished. JFO forces and weapons are on full alert," it said.
Since Friday midnight, Russia-led forces have mounted 12 attacks on Ukrainian positions in Donbas.
In addition to proscribed weapons, they also used cannons installed on infantry fighting vehicles, grenade launchers, large-caliber machine guns, and small arms.
Sixteen enemy attacks were reported on June 6.