Two Ukraine soldiers killed by enemy sniper, one civilian dies after grenade attack on Friday
Ukraine's Joint Forces Operation Headquarters has reported about military and civilian casualties in Donbas on Friday, July 19: two Ukrainian servicemen were killed by an enemy sniper and one civilian died of wounds after a grenade attack.
"While performing dugout engineering on July 19, two servicemen from a unit of the separate mechanized brigade named after King Danylo died from enemy sniper fire," the JFO said on Facebook late on Friday.
An enemy sniper killed a troop commander on the spot while he was evacuating a critically wounded soldier. Despite ongoing shelling, the soldier was evacuated but later died of wounds.
The 24th King Danylo brigade disclosed the names of the two servicemen – Roman Dzhereleiko, born in 1988, and troop commander Oleksandr Bardalym, born in 1986.
According to the brigade's report on Facebook, Dzhereleiko is a native resident of the town of Volochysk, Khmelnytsky region. Bardalym was from the town of Korsun-Shevchenkivsky, Cherkasy region. "He had been serving at the front since in 2015 and planned to retire to see the family he loved very much. Yet, despite the fact that there were only 20 days left before his leaving military service, he rushed without hesitation to save the wounded, as it turned out, at the expense of his own life. He left a wife and son, Denys, born in 2012, behind," the brigade said. Dzhereleiko also had a son, born in 2012.
The JFO HQ also reported about a civilian casualty on the same day after Russia-led forces opened fire from a grenade launcher to shell the town of Krasnohorivka in Donetsk region.
A 60-year-old man was in the garden, not far from an apartment building at 36 Tchaikovsky Street, when he was hit by an OG-9 high explosive fragmentation grenade launched from the village of Staromykhailivka. He was rushed to hospital in the town of Kurakhove where he died from multiple shrapnel wounds.
As UNIAN reported earlier, the Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk agreed at talks on July 17 that the so-called "harvest" ceasefire should begin at midnight on July 21, 2019.