Ukraine separatists say expel two monitors, OSCE Denies - media

10:30, 27 October 2015
War
205 0

Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine say they have expelled two OSCE ceasefire monitors, but the organization denies the allegation, RFE/RL reported on Monday.

Photo from UNIAN

One of self-proclaimed officials in the so-called "LPR," Vasily Nikitin, said on October 26 that the two monitors had "violated the Minsk agreements" aimed at ending the conflict in eastern Ukraine, according to RFE/RL.

An unidentified official in Luhansk said the monitors were asked to leave last week.

But the deputy chief of the OSCE's Special Monitoring Mission, Alexander Hug, said in a statement that "no monitors have been removed" from the Luhansk region.

As UNIAN reported earlier, the Russian proxies in Donbas said Sunday they had banned Doctors Without Borders (MSF) from working in the area for alleged espionage activity and other crimes.

If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter