OSCE confirms four civilians killed in Donbas
The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) confirms that four civilians have been killed near the temporarily occupied village of Olenivka in Donetsk region, eastern Ukraine.
"In response to media requests regarding the incident in Olenivka, the OSCE SMM arrived at the checkpoint in Olenivka about 10 a.m. [on Wednesday] to follow-up on media reports about a deadly incident there," the mission said in a statement on Facebook on Wednesday evening.
The OSCE SMM said its monitors had conducted analysis on eight-nine craters. "According to a preliminary assessment, three vehicles were damaged, four civilians were killed, and an unconfirmed number of people were injured," it said.
The details of SMM's observations will be included in SMM's next public report, it added.
Read alsoDPR spreads another fake: accuses ATO forces of shelling near OlenivkaAs UNIAN reported earlier, head of the press center of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) Headquarters, Colonel Oleksandr Motuzianyk announced that Donetsk terrorists had been spreading false information about the alleged shelling of the checkpoint of Olenivka by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. "According to our preliminary information, the terrorists had been firing small arms in this region, but our military didn't return fire," he said.
He added that information was being verified.