Minsk talks: Parties agree to separate forces in two Donbas towns – Sajdik
Special Representative of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) in the Trilateral Contact Group on Donbas conflict settlement told reporters in Minsk the negotiators agreed on separating forces in Zolote and Petrovske, according to BELTA.
The security subgroup continued considering the issues that were discussed at the video conference June 24, according to Sajdik. He added he was pleased to note that an agreement had been reached on the separation of forces and means in two locations: Zolote and Petrovske.
“The work will continue," said Sajdik.
Also, according to the official, the working group on economic issues mostly discussed the issue of restoring the railway infrastructure.
Read alsoMilitants attack Ukraine 51 times in last day, use grenade launchers in Donetsk sectorIn addition, the meeting touched upon social payments and property issues.
He said the discussion showed the need for urgent solutions to social problems in the conflict zone, in particular, the arrears of wages to employees in certain areas of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Sajdik added that the supply of coal from the occupied areas of Donetsk region to the territory controlled by the Ukrainian government was partly renewed. The OSCE Special Representative noted that this aspect was vital for the production of electricity; therefore, a clear mechanism for coal transportation must be developed in the future.
Read alsoGroysman instructs ministers to assess "Rotterdam plus" coal price formula within weekThe Working Group on Political Affairs has discussed in detail the issues of amnesty and local elections in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.