"The failure of combined Russian-separatist formations to abide the Framework Decision by the Trilateral Contact Group on disengagement of forces and equipment and their further regular attacks on Ukrainian positions have made the Ukrainian army reschedule the withdrawal of troops and military hardware from the area near Stanytsia Luhanska," the defense ministry's press service said on its official website.
The ministry said that the Ukrainian troops stationed in the area had been attacked eight times in the past week, and the recent attack was recorded on October 6.
The ministry did not mentioned a new date for the pullback.
Read alsoUkrainian troops in Donbas attacked almost 50 times in last day"The number of attacks on the Ukrainian army's units in other areas has grown, artillery is also engaged. Terrorists have used banned 122mm and 152mm artillery systems five times and fired mortars 19 times in the past day alone," the ministry said.
As UNIAN reported earlier, the Tripartite Contact Group on September 21 signed a framework agreement on disengagement of forces and hardware along the contact line. The document stipulates that the condition for the start of the disengagement in the areas of Stanytsia Luhanska, Zolote, and Petrivske should there be a truce for seven days in a row.
The agreement says that the withdrawal shall be carried out by moving the forces and military hardware back from their positions on both sides in order to create disengagement areas, usually not less than two kilometers wide and two kilometers deep. At this, the very process of disengagement shall be monitored by the OSCE SMM.
The forces were disengaged in Zolote on October 1, and in Petrivske on October 7.
The withdrawal of the troops in Stanytsia Luhanska was scheduled for Sunday, October 9.