OSCE declares restricted access in disengagement areas in Donbas

16:00, 12 October 2016
284 0

The OSCE SMM reported restricted access in all three disengagement areas in Donbas.

Photo from UNIAN

"The SMM continued to monitor the disengagement process and to pursue full access to the disengagement areas of Stanytsia Luhanska (16km north-east of Luhansk), Zolote (60km west of Luhansk) and Petrivske (41km south of Donetsk), as foreseen in the Framework Decision of the Trilateral Contact Group relating to disengagement of forces and hardware of 21 September. The SMM's access was restricted in all three disengagement areas, but the SMM was able to monitor some parts of the three disengagement areas, including through the use of mini unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)," the OSCE SMM said in a daily update on October 11, which is based on information received as of 19:30 on October 10, 2016.

Read alsoUkraine says ceasefire fails in Stanytsia Luhanska, names withdrawal conditions"Ukrainian Armed Forces officers at the JCCC present on the spot in Stanytsia Luhanska did not provide any new information about the disengagement process to the SMM. The SMM did not observe any signs of disengagement on the spot."

Moreover, the SMM could not reach the railway bridge in Stanytsia Luhanska from either side. While in Petrivske, on two occasions the SMM could not proceed west towards Bohdanivka due to the lack of security guarantees.

Read alsoUkraine reports 4 WIA in past 24 hoursAt the closed Zolote-Pervomaisk crossing route the SMM monitored both sides of the disengagement area and noted that while Ukrainian Armed Forces officers at the JCCC were present during the day, Russian Federation Armed Forces officers at the JCCC were not.

"Due to the lack of security guarantees that the area had been demined, the SMM could not proceed through the potential Zolote-Pervomaisk crossing route from either side," the OSCE SMM said.

If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter