Russian proxies continue to violate ceasefire in Donbas – ATO HQ
Russia's hybrid military forces have minimized the number of attacks on the Ukrainian positions by today, according to the press service of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) Headquarters.
At the same time, the ceasefire was fully maintained in the Luhansk sector.
"In the Donetsk sector, the enemy did not use weapons at night, but in the daytime the militants opened fire from various types of grenade launchers and heavy machine on the Ukrainian positions near the village of Pisky and the Avdiyivka industrial zone," the ATO HQ said in an update as of 18:00 on October 7.
In the Mariupol sector, the occupiers fired automatic grenade launchers and small arms on the Ukrainian fortified positions near the village of Vodiane around noon. The Ukrainian servicemen fired back and quickly stopped the enemy's activity.
Read alsoUkraine reports 1 WIA amid nine enemy attacks in last dayThe Russian-backed mercenaries once again resorted to cynical lies today, the headquarters said.
"The Russian side to the Joint Center for Ceasefire Control and Coordination (JCCC) has accused the Ukrainian military of using heavy weapons against the enemy positions near the city of Donetsk, the villages of Zhabiache, Mineralne, Yakovlivka and some other settlements," the report says.
"The press service of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) Headquarters once again emphasizes that the ATO servicemen strictly observe the peace agreements and never open fire toward the enemy first. At the same time, we reserve the right to an adequate response to the enemy in case of aggressive or offensive actions by the opposing side. So far, the enemy has opened fire toward our defenders only once near the village of Vodiane since the beginning of the day. We consider all accusations of shelling as provocations aimed primarily at the escalation of the conflict," the headquarters said.