Ukraine has reported three violations of the latest ceasefire agreements by Russia-controlled armed groups in the Donbas warzone on Tuesday, September 10.
"In the past day, September 10, Russian Federation's armed formations three times violated the ceasefire agreements reached on July 22," the press center of Ukraine's Joint Forces Operation (JFO) Command wrote on Facebook in an update as of 07:00 Kyiv time on September 11, 2020.
In particular, the enemy opened fire from rifles on Ukrainian positions near the village of Shumy where the so-called "one-time inspection," including an inspector representing Russia-backed forces, had to take place.
What is more, two enemy attacks were recorded near the town of Zolote. At first, the enemy used a tracer bullet to set fire to the grass, and then used rifles to shoot at Ukrainian positions there.
Read alsoDonbas war: Russian proxy forces open fire at site of "joint inspection" after move called offThe Joint Forces did not return fire.
No casualties were reported in the past day.
Since Friday midnight, no attacks by Russian Federation's armed formations have been recorded, the JFO HQ said.
A landmine clearance operation is under way. More than nine hectares in the frontline zone have been cleared with 206 landmines and improvised explosive devices sent for disposal.
Also, Joint Forces personnel are engaged in repairing and rebuilding houses and other facilities of civilian infrastructure. Eighteen facilities were fully repaired in the past 24 hours.
The situation is under full control of the Ukrainian military, the JFO HQ said.
Latest developments in Donbas
- So-called "DPR leader" Denis Pushilin threatened to open fire on Ukrainian army positions from 08:00 a.m. local time on September 7.
- As grounds for such move, Pushilin claimed violations by Ukrainian forces of the latest ceasefire agreement sealed on July 22. He demanded that Ukrainian troops undo the trenches that had allegedly been dug after July 22, and warned that they "have every right" to act to eliminate the alleged violations.
- In turn, Commander of the Joint Forces, Lieutenant General Volodymyr Kravchenko said the Ukrainian troops had not violated any agreements.
- On September 6, the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine confirmed there had been no violations of the ceasefire agreements by the Joint Forces.
- On September 9, participants in a Trilateral Contact Group meeting agreed on a joint inspection near Shumy with the participation of a representative of the OSCE coordinator.
- The President's Office said the relevant agreement on the inspection had been reached to refute fake news and prevent new provocations.
- On September 10, the Office of the President of Ukraine said the "one-time inspection" had been suspended over continuous change in the Russian side's demands.