Photo from UNIAN

Russian-controlled armed groups twice violated the ceasefire agreement reached by the Trilateral Contact Group on July 22.

Over the past day, the invaders opened fire on the military near Avdiyivka.

That's according to a morning update by the Joint Forces Operation HQ.

Russian-led forces engaged Ukrainian troops using prohibited grenade launchers of various types, heavy machine guns, and small arms.

Read alsoUkraine intel: Commanders of occupation forces in Donbas embezzle funds, hide personnel shortageAt other sites, the Command recorded no violations. There were no losses among the Ukrainian military.

Since day-start on Saturday, September 26, no enemy shots were reported.

“The situation in the area of ​​the Joint Forces operation remains under the control of the Ukrainian defenders. Our soldiers are steadfastly adhering to the terms of the agreements reached during the meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group on July 22, 2020, ”the statement said.

Truce in Donbas: Background

  • On July 22, the participants in the Trilateral Contact Group (Ukraine, Russia, and OSCE) on Donbas settlement agreed on a full and comprehensive ceasefire on the contact line from July 27.
  • On September 6, the enemy violated the ceasefire in Donbas by opening fire on Ukrainian positions. A Ukrainian soldier was killed and another was wounded.
  • On September 22, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the truce in Donbas had been holding for almost two months already.