No ceasefire violations recorded in Donbas in past 24 hours / Photo from UNIAN

There were no Ukrainian army casualties, the JFO Command said in a morning update on Facebook on Wednesday, September 9.

The Ukrainian military continue adhering to the ceasefire and are ready to respond to any attack by the enemy, it said.

Read alsoZelensky on ceasefire violations in Donbas: Russia must adhere to agreementsSince Wednesday midnight, the sides have continued observing the full and comprehensive ceasefire.

A landmine clearance operation is under way. Around 8 hectares in the frontline zone have been cleared of landmines. Some 53 mines and improvised explosive devices were found and sent for disposal.

What is more, Joint Forces personnel are engaged in repairing and rebuilding houses and civilian infrastructure. In the past 24 hours, 15 facilities were fully repaired.

The situation is under full control of the Ukrainian military.

Escalation in Donbas: latest

  • On September 6, the situation in the zone of the Joint Forces Operation aggravated: a Ukrainian soldier was killed and another was wounded.
  • On the morning of September 7, the bodies of two military were found, who had been deployed to put out steppe fires in Luhansk region.
  • Another two soldiers were injured as a result of a mine blast of a military tanker truck.
  • Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba initiated urgent talks with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov due to the aggravation in Donbas.