Presidents of Ukraine and Azerbaijan signed Declaration on strategic partnership
Intergovernmental arrangements fixed in another 5 documents
President of Ukraine Victor Yushchenko and President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev signed the Declaration on friendship and strategic partnership between Ukraine and Azerbaijan.
The press service of the head of the state disclosed to UNIAN that the signing ceremony took place in Kyiv today within the frameworks of the official visit of the President of Azerbaijan.
The intergovernmental arrangements are fixed in 5 documents:
- the Agreement between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and Government of Azerbaijan on cooperation in information sphere. Transport and Communications Minister Yosyp Vinskyi signed an Agreement from the Ukrainian side.
- the Agreement between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and Government of Azerbaijan on state service development sphere. Chairman of the Department of the State service of Ukraine Tymofiy Motrenko signed the document from the Ukrainian side.
- the Program on cooperation in the youth policy and sport sphere between Family, Youth and Sport Ministry of Ukraine and Youth and Sport Ministry of Azerbaijan for 2008-2009. Family, Youth and Sport Minister of Ukraine Yuri Pavlenko signed the document from the side of Ukraine.
- the Protocol on cooperation between Culture and Tourism Ministry of Ukraine and Culture and Tourism Ministry of Azerbaijan for 2008-2012. Culture and Tourism Minister Vassyl Vovkun signed this document from the side of Ukraine.
- the Memorandum on Mutual Understanding between the State commission on capital issues and stock market of Ukraine and State Committee on capital issues under President of Azerbaijan. Chairman of the State commission on capital issues and stock market Anatoliy Balyuk signed the document from side of Ukraine.