Wednesday,
20 September 2017
Our Community

Baby survives cocaine overdose in Brazil

A 15-month-old...

A 15-month-old baby boy survived after eating a piece of cocaine paste he found on his mother`s bed, the daily O Globo reported Monday, according to Xinhua.

    The baby was discovered unconscious by his mother after he ingested the cocaine paste over the weekend in the city of Varzea Grande, Mato Grosso state, according to the newspaper.

    The baby was then taken to the hospital by his grandmother after she arrived home to find her daughter carrying the unconscious baby in her arms. He was treated in the hospital`s intensive care unit, where he remained until Monday and has since been transferred to the hospital infirmary, but there is no set date yet for his release.

    The 17-year-old mother ran away after the incident and is considered a fugitive.

    Police are investigating the incident. The local Child Protective Services department is monitoring the case and will likely put the boy in the care of relatives after he is released from the hospital.

If you notice a spelling error, please highlight it with your mouse and press Ctrl+Enter
Read also
loading...

Do you like the new site?
Leave your opinion