A joint statement on overcoming the consequences of natural disaster, which occurred on 11-12 November 2007 in the Azov-Black Sea basin, was issued on the results of a working meeting of government delegations of the Russian Federation and Ukraine on November 13, according to the government’s press-office. The delegations were chaired by Head of Government of the Russian Federation V.O. Zubkov and Prime Minister of Ukraine V.F. Yanukovych.
The parties have agreed as follows:
1. To create a Joint working group on overcoming the consequences of natural disaster occurred on 11-12 November 2007 in the Azov-Black Sea basin, to approve its personal composition.
2. To appoint Deputy Minister of Transport of Russia B.M. Korol and First Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications of Ukraine V.V. Korniyenko co-chairmen of the Joint working group for the Russian and Ukrainian parties.
3. To determine location of the Joint working group in the port of Kerch on the territory of Ukraine and the port of Caucasia on the territory of Russia.
4. To entrust the Joint working group with a task of undertaking complex measures on overcoming the consequences of natural disaster in the Azov-Black Sea basin, near the Kerch Strait, in particular.
5. To entrust the Joint working group to work through in future proposals packet on further exploitation of the Kerch Strait.
6. To charge the Joint working group with holding first working meeting by 15 November 2007 at the latest.
7. To commit the Joint working group to regularly inform the public about the undertaken measures on overcoming the consequences of natural disaster.