MFA Ukraine sends note to Russia protesting another "humanitarian" convoy to occupied Donbas
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine has sent a note of protest to the Russian Federation in connection with the deployment of yet another so-called "humanitarian convoy" to the occupied Donbas.
"On November 7, 2019, the Russian side carried out another illegal deployment to the territory of Ukraine through the Ukrainian border across the closed-down checkpoints Izvarino and Uspenka of the so-called 'humanitarian convoy' for residents of the territories of Ukraine temporarily occupied by the Russian Federation in Donetsk and Luhansk regions," the ministry said in a statement.
In this regard, the diplomats stated that Russian cargo was once again moved into the country in violation of international law and principles, existing bilateral agreements, and Ukrainian legislation.
The previously agreed modalities for the delivery of humanitarian supplies, which, among other things, include the escort of legal humanitarian supplies by representatives of the International Committee of the Red Cross, have also been violated.
In particular, the Foreign Ministry declares that the compulsory clearance of goods provided for by the legislation of Ukraine has not been carried out by border and customs authorities of Ukraine.
"In this regard, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine sent a note of protest to the Russian Foreign Ministry demanding that the Russian Federation stop committing internationally wrongful acts against the sovereignty of our state," the statement said.
Also, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry requires from the Russian side in the future, when setting up the so-called "humanitarian convoys", scheduled for November 14, November 21, November 28, December 5 and December 12, to strictly comply with international law, Ukrainian legislation, and their international obligations.