Donbas update: Ukraine reports 4 WIA's amid 34 attacks in past day
Russia's hybrid military forces mounted 34 attacks on Ukrainian army positions in Donbas in the past 24 hours, with four Ukrainian soldiers reported as wounded in action (WIA).
In six cases, the enemy used weapons prohibited by the Minsk accords, the press center of Ukraine's Joint Forces Operation (JFO) said in an update on Facebook as of 07:00 Kyiv time on September 29, 2018.
Russian occupation forces opened aimed fire from 122mm artillery systems, 120mm and 82mm mortars, weapons of infantry fighting vehicles, anti-aircraft guns, grenade launchers of various systems, heavy machine guns, and small arms to attack the defenders of the towns of Avdiyivka, Maryinka, and Zolote, as well as the villages of Syze, Stanytsia Luhanska, Krymske, Novotoshkivske, Zolote-4, Katerynivka, Troyitske, Novoluhanske, Novotroyitske, Pavlopil, Hnutove, and Lebedynske.
"In the evening, the occupiers mounted an artillery attack on Ukrainian army positions near Hnutove in the Azov Sea area. They also resorted to 120mm mortars twice to shell JFO positions there, and once near Novoluhanske in the Svitlodarsk direction. Moreover, our strongpoints near Novoluhanske and Hnutove came under enemy fire from 82mm mortars. The invaders also opened fire from cannons of infantry fighting vehicles on our positions near Stanytsia Luhanska, Krymske, and Hnutove. Ukrainian defenders of Krymske and Hnutove (twice) came under fire from Zu-23-2 anti-aircraft systems," it said.
According to intelligence reports, two enemy troops were killed and another seven were wounded.
As UNIAN reported earlier, a large batch of small arms and ammunition had been delivered to the occupied city of Luhansk, eastern Ukraine, from the Russian Federation.