Two Ukrainian soldiers killed in IED blast in Donbas

14:30, 21 July 2019
War
2397 0
mil.gov.ua

The two soldiers died on the spot, the report says, adding that another two military were injured in the blast and rushed to the nearest hospital.

The incident occurred in the area of the settlement of Shchastia.

Read also"DPR" terrorists make 70-year-old man from Donetsk walk through area with landmines (Photo)

The JFO Command expressed their condolences to the families of the fallen troops.

As UNIAN reported earlier, from 00:01 on July 21, another ceasefire has come into force, as reported by the press center of the Joint Forces Operation HQ.

"In pursuance of the decision taken in Minsk following the Trilateral Contact Group meeting, from 00:01 Kyiv time on July 21, 2019 the 'silence regime' is being set up along the entire line of contact in the JFO zone in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, which provides for a mutual ceasing of any weapons' fire," the report says.

Units of the Joint Forces will "adequately respond" to enemy shelling in case the invaders violate the ceasefire regime.

Read alsoTwo Ukrainian soldiers wounded in Donbas warzone over past day

"According to the Ukrainian legislation, Joint Forces are entitled and obliged to protect life and health of military personnel and civilian population,  and to prevent territorial losses,” says the report.

As UNIAN reported earlier, on July 18, the representative of Ukraine in the TCG's political working group, Roman Bezsmertnyi, announced that an agreement had been reached on the "harvest truce" to be introduced from 00:01 on July 21, which for the first time prohibits any fire, and envisages responsibility for violating the deal.

If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter