OSCE monitors report 9,650 ceasefire violations on Sept 16-29
Monitors of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine have recorded over 9,650 ceasefire violations in Donbas in the second half of September.
"Between September 16 and 29, the SMM recorded over 9,650 ceasefire violations. Pre-recommitment levels of violence were reached in the latter half of the reporting period with a daily ceasefire violation average of 886 between September 23 and 29," the OSCE SMM said in a report as of September 30, 2019.
In addition, the SMM recorded 45 instances of the use of weapons that should have been withdrawn in accordance with the Minsk agreements, all attributable to the use of artillery, including 39 instances near the Donetsk central railway station and near Pervomaisk.
"The Mission confirmed reports of two women and a man injured during the reporting period. Since the beginning of 2019, the SMM has corroborated 115 civilian casualties (16 killed, 99 injured). So far this year the Mission has also recorded 27 cases of natural deaths of people waiting at or passing through checkpoints along the contact line, including two cases on September 19-21," the report said.