Monday,
25 September 2017
Our Community

Ukraine Def. Ministry: One civilian killed in Donbas in past 24 hours

No Ukrainian soldiers were killed in fighting in eastern Ukraine in the past 24 hours, except one civilian, according to a Ukrainian defense ministry spokesman.

Photo from UNIAN
Photo from UNIAN

"There were no killed in action (KIA) or wounded in action (WIA) as a result of militant shelling. However, one civilian was killed due to an armed provocation by militants, and another one had a wound to his arm," Defense Ministry speaker for Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) issues Oleksandr Motuzianyk said at a briefing in Kyiv on Thursday, December 15, a UNIAN correspondent reported.

ATO HQ: Civilian areas in Donbas come under militant fire twice in last dayMotuzianyk expressed condolences to the family of the deceased. "The Ukrainian authorities are doing everything to probe into the circumstances of the tragedy," he added.

In addition, Motuzianyk said that a local resident had been injured as a result of a missile explosion in the town of Maryinka.

As UNIAN reported earlier, combined Russian-separatist forces on Wednesday attacked the Mayorsk entry and exit checkpoint in Donetsk region, as a result of which one person was killed and another one was wounded.

If you notice a spelling error, please highlight it with your mouse and press Ctrl+Enter
Read also
loading...

Do you like the new site?
Leave your opinion