Truce in Donbas: Ukraine reports two incidents since Wednesday midnight

09:55, 30 July 2020
War
459 0
The Ukrainian Armed Forces did not fire back / Photo from UNIAN

"In the past day, one shot fired by the Russian Federation's armed formations from an under-barrel grenade launcher was recorded near the village of Novoluhanske. The shot was random and provocative, so our soldiers did not fire back," the press center of Ukraine's Joint Forces Operation (JFO) said in a Facebook update as of 07:00 Kyiv time on July 30, 2020.

Read alsoCeasefire violations by enemy in Donbas "non-systemic," senior military official says

"Since the beginning of the ceasefire, which started on July 27, there have been no Joint Forces casualties. Servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other units of the defense forces are performing their tasks as intended," it said.

Since Thursday midnight, enemy troops have also opened fire from a grenade launcher and rifles to stage an act of provocation near the village of Novotoshkivske. The Ukrainian Armed Forces did not fire back.

In addition, the JFO HQ said 76 unknown explosive devices had been found by the State Emergency Service's units in the past day.

"At the request of local administrations, Joint Forces' rescuers are repairing houses damaged by artillery shelling in previous years, performing work of different complexity. Joint Forces personnel have also provided medical and other assistance to over 20 Ukrainian citizens at the exit and entry checkpoints. Firefighters from the Joint Forces extinguished 33 fires over the past day. No civilian casualties were reported," the report says.

If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter