Ukraine Cabinet proposes new sanctions against Russian, European legal entities, individuals
The Cabinet of Ministers is proposing that the National Security and Defense Council apply a set of sanctions to Russian and European legal entities and individuals who by their activities in the temporarily occupied territories have inflicted damage to Ukraine's interests, that's according to the press service of the Ministry for temporarily occupied territories and internally displaced persons.
"On December 18, the government, at the submission of the MinTOT, made a decision to submit to the NSDC proposals on applying sanctions to legal entities and individuals," the report said.
According to the decree, restrictive measures (sanctions) shall be applied to a number of individuals and legal entities creating real or potential threats to Ukraine's national interests, violate public and state interests, lead to property losses, create obstacles for citizens of Ukraine to fully realize their rights and freedoms.
The targets are:
- Twenty-three individuals involved in the illegal archaeological prospecting at cultural heritage sites, or who have taken part in actions aimed at legitimizing the illegal occupation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol;
- Certain Russian enterprises and those from European countries supporting operations LLC Titanovie Investitsii in the city of Armyansk on the territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea;
- Fourteen legal entities attracted to the supply of material, equipment and services for the plants of the Russian military-industrial complex in the temporarily occupied territories;
- Certain legal entities involved in organizing transportation through the ports of Temryuk, Kavkaz and the Kerch ferry; and
- Individuals who are heads/founders of legal entities involved in the illegal construction of a transport crossing across the Kerch Strait.
“The imposition of sanctions on all legal entities and individuals involved will make economic relations with Ukraine impossible, limit or terminate economic relations with the EU and the U.S., which will further contribute to the return of the occupied territories to Ukraine's legal field,” the Ministry noted.