Kyiv submits to OSCE 68 pages of evidence proving Russia violates Minsk deal
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine has sent to the OSCE a note on the attacks by Russian occupation forces in Donbas.
Sixty-eight pages of photos showing consequences of ceasefire violations by the Kremlin have been attached to the note, according to a Press Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Kateryna Zelenko, Obozrevatel reports.
The official added that the note had been sent on March 9, while no response has been received from the partners in OSCE yet.
"It was important for us to convey not only the facts and evidence that the armed forces of the Russian Federation had violated the ceasefire and all the provisions of the Minsk agreements. It was also important for us to provide more photo evidence. That is, the note contains 68 pages of an addendum with photo evidence showing consequences of the shelling and armed provocations on the part of the Russian armed forces," Zelenko said.
It is important that each participating state sees "who is who" in the negotiation process, Zelenko noted. She clarified that the note contains information covering the period from December 29, 2018, to March 7, 2019.
"It is also important for us to ensure that every state recognizes the fact of a violation specifically on the part of Russia," said the official.
Zelenko also clarified that the Ukrainian military recorded 561 cases of ceasefire violations, of which 251 times – with the use of weapons proscribed by the Minsk agreements.
From December 29, twelve Ukrainian soldiers were killed and 105 were wounded in action.