Russia's occupation forces have deployed a Bastion coastal defense missile system in occupied Crimea.
This was reported by RFE/RL's Ukrainian Service.
An official statement by the Russian Navy says that they "have deployed the complexes for combat use and have completed preparations for simulation firing."
Russia's occupation forces conducted a set of field maneuvers with "different drills." Further, the Bastion division will conduct joint exercises with the crew of a frigate of the Russian Black Sea Fleet.
- The Bastion is a Russian coastal defense missile system. It is designed to destroy vessels of various classes and amphibious assault ships, convoys, shipborne and aircraft carrier strike groups, as well as single ships and radiocontrast shore-based targets amid intense fire and electronic countermeasures.
Other related news reports
- Russia turning Crimea into nuclear military base: Intelligence "White Paper"
- FM Kuleba confirms intention to invite Russia to join Crimean Platform
- Ukraine Army preparing for Joint Efforts 2021 military drills with NATO
- Occupation authorities in Crimea open 81 cases on locals evading military draft in 2020