Interior Minister Arsen Avakov says Ukraine and Britain will develop a joint plan to counter Russia's hybrid aggression.
Issues of countering hybrid threats coming from Russia, terrorist attacks in eastern Ukraine, and information warfare were on the agenda of a meeting between Avakov and British Prime Minister's International Affairs Advisor David Quarrey, the interior ministry's press service reports.
Read alsoUkraine, Britain to sign memo on developing Ukrainian Navy – ZelenskyThe parties discussed "a plan for cooperation and information exchange to counter the hybrid war waged by the Russian Federation," Interior Ministr Avakov said. "We cooperate as close partners against common threats."
Separately, the parties touched upon issues of cooperation on migration and the implementation of the project on psychological rehabilitation of war veterans.
Russia's hybrid aggression: Other stories
- Russia's attempts to bring separatist movements to international platforms threaten EU – think tank
- U.S. Ambassador to UN: Russia continues to arm, train, lead, fight alongside its proxies in Donbas
- "Pro-Moscow organizations everywhere": Expert speaks of Kremlin agents in Ukraine
- Zelensky extends ban on Russian social networks in Ukraine
- Russia engaged in cyber operations worldwide, Ukraine's top diplomat tells UNSC
- Ukraine warns of Russia's attempts to use COVID-19 to avoid responsibility for aggression
- New culture minister Tkachenko speaks of ways to counter Russian propaganda
- New intel chief notes greater influence of hybrid warfare, global disinformation on Ukraine