Ex-NBU governor not going to return from London for interrogation
Former Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine Valeriya Gontareva says she is not going to arrive in Kyiv to report to the Prosecutor General's Office [PGO] for an interrogation scheduled for August 12.
"I have nothing to do with this case. I have already informed them [the PGO] that I work and live in London, so they know my address and they can send me all the claims or come to me in London... I'm waiting for them in London if they want to see me," she told The Page.
According to Gontareva, she has not yet received a summons for interrogation.
As UNIAN reported earlier, on March 28, Lutsenko said the PGO had completed an investigation into the wrongdoings of Ukrainian oligarch Serhiy Kurchenko.
Kurchenko is suspected of being part of ex-president Viktor Yanukovych's criminal organization and complicit in committing grave crimes against the state of Ukraine.
A total of 98 persons, including 12 senior officials of ministries and departments, as well as the National Bank, and six heads of regional state administrations and 14 top managers of state-owned enterprises have been served with charge papers within the framework of investigations into the crimes of former President Viktor Yanukovych's allies.
On the same day, Deputy Head of the PGO's Department of International Legal Cooperation, Head of the Criminal Procedural Management Department Kostiantyn Kulyk named among probe targets in the Kurchenko case, who had been announced suspicion, former head of the Presidential Administration Boris Lozhkin, former Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine Valeriya Gontareva, former Ecology Minister Mykola Zlochevskiy, Deputy Head of Presidential Administration Oleksiy Filatov, and other top officials.
The corresponding statement by Kulyk was handed over to 1+1 TV Channel's journalists and voiced on the air of a Pravo na Vladu panel show.
Later, the PGO said suspicion notices to Lozhkin, Gontareva, and Filatov had been called off.
Then, on April 22, summons were posted on the PGO website issued to the name of Lozhkin, Filatov, and Gontareva obliging them to report to the PGO office on April 23 and April 25 to be handed suspicion notices in the case launched January 31, 2013.
On August 6, it was reported the PGO had once again summoned Gontareva for interrogation.