Ukraine to renew search for remains at MH17 crash site
Ukraine this spring will renew its search for human remains at the crash site of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in Donbas, Dutch Security and Justice Minister Stef Blok said on February 16, according to RFE/RL.
"Contacts in the region have indicated they will renew the search for human remains and personal belongings in the spring, once the snow has disappeared," Blok told parliament, RFE/RL reported.
His statement comes after journalists last month discovered a bone fragment belonging to one of the victims in Ukraine's Donbas region.
Members of the victims' families said they might push for a new official search in light of the discovery to ensure no remains are left behind.
"It needs to be disguised and taken away": PGO releases records of intercepted calls between two culprits in MH17 caseBut Blok denied claims by the journalists that "there was much more to be found."
"Many hours of filming made at the spot and shown to the investigating team failed to reveal any trace of human remains or personal belongings," he said.